Cell Culture Laboratory
CCL was established in 2014. Laboratory provides following opportunities to carry out research with the use of molecular and cell technologies in BSMU:
- Molecular genetic testing (genomic DNA extraction, RNA extraction, real-time polymerase chain reaction, reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction, polymerase chain reaction with detection in agarose or polyacrylamide gel, restriction analysis, SSCP);
- Cytofluorometrical analysis (analysis of cell apoptosis, evaluation of phagocytes’, cytotoxic cells’ functional activity, of cells’ proliferative activity, patterns of leukocyte subpopulations, research of cell subpopulations in suspension, cell sorting);
- Microscopic analysis (light field microscopy, phase contrast microscopy, fluorescent microscopy, photo and video image registration, upright and inverted microscopes);
- cultural analysis (retrieving if primary cultures of human and animal cells, cultivation of established human and animal cell lines, cells’ cloning, evaluation of cytotoxicity of chemical combinations and materials, evaluation of cells’ viability);
- ancillary technologies (low-temperature freezing, storage at -70 °С, freezing of tissue and cells’ samples in liquid nitrogen at -197 °С, dry hot sterilization, autoclaving).
Cell Culture Lab Equipment